Books / Ebooks →The Shareholder Value Myth How Putting Shareholders First Harms Investors, Corporations, and the Public
Lynn Stout, "The Shareholder Value Myth: How Putting Shareholders First Harms Investors, Corporations, and the Public"
ISBN: 1605098132 | 2012 | EPUB | 120 pages | 2 MB
Executives, investors, and the business press routinely chant the mantra that corporations are required to "maximize shareholder value." In this pathbreaking book, renowned corporate expert Lynn Stout debunks the myth that corporate law mandates shareholder primacy. Stout shows how shareholder value thinking endangers not only investors but the rest of us as well, leading managers to focus myopically on short-term earnings; discouraging investment and innovation; harming employees, customers, and communities; and causing companies to indulge in reckless, sociopathic, and irresponsible behaviors. And she looks at new models of corporate purpose that better serve the needs of investors, corporations, and society.
- Michael Perelman - Manufacturing Discontent The Trap of Individualism in Corporate Society
- How to Attract Investors: A Subjective Guide to the Mindset of Investors and their Requirements
- The Mining Valuation Handbook Mining and Energy Valuation for Investors and Management, 4th Edition
- The Shareholder Value Myth How Putting Shareholders First Harms Investors, Corporations, and the Public
- The Responsible Entrepreneur Four Game-Changing Archetypes for Founders, Leaders, and Impact Investors