The Religious Affections: How Man's Will Affects His Character Before God
Audio CDs in MP3 / English: MP3, 64 kb/s (1 ch) | Duration: 15:06:34 | 2007 | ISBN-10: 159644438X | 415 MB
"What are the distinguishing qualifications of those that are in favor with God, and entitled to his eternal rewards? . . . What is the nature of true religion? And wherein do lie the distinguishing notes of that virtue and holiness that is acceptable in the sight of God?"
These questions and others are addressed in Jonathan Edward's masterpiece, The Religious Affections. To Edwards, these were the most important questions man has to answer. Edwards was the most prominent preacher of America's first Great Awakening. He witnessed true revival at his church in Northampton, Massachusetts. However, Edwards cautioned against the opposing dangers of rampant emotionalism and elitist intellectualism. He was concerned to define the nature of true religion and to distinguish between true and false revival. The result was this classic work, which will long remain one of the most penetrating and soul-searching volumes in the history of the Christian church.
Jonathan Edwards (Author), Simon Vance (Narrator)
- God and Mankind: Comparative Religions [TTC Audio]
- The Varieties of Religious Repression: Why Governments Restrict Religion
- The Origins of American Religious Nationalism (Religion in America)
- The Wisdom to Doubt A Justification of Religious Skepticism!
- Pocket Dictionary of New Religious Movements